In my opinion and experiences, nothing is more contagious than smile of the person you love, your friends and acquaintances, people you deal with on daily basis, people you work with and even the novices you see on the streets. That’s the #BeautyOfSmiles.
I came upon this thought today when I read the chapter from book titled Succeed Yourself by Richard Denny. In the chapter, author has emphasized on importance of smiling in all new perspectives. Here are some of the perspectives I liked :
1) Smiling takes lesser muscles than frowning. That simply meant our faces won’t be wrinkled soon if we smile more often. That also meant we will look more beautiful.
2) The author has pointed out on smiling without any reasons. Yes, there is a difference between smiling and laughter.
3) How about starting your day with a #Smile?
4) smiling person is automatically perceived as confident, passionate and friendly.
5) Smile and negative thoughts will be at arms distance from you.
6) Everyone loves to speak with smiling person. Do you like to speak with a jolly person or serious one?
After reading the articles, I went on to do the analysis of my smiling habits? How often I smiled? With whom I smiled? And I was not so happy with what I found.
The first thing is these days I don’t smile much. I wear kind of a grave look on my face these days. The reason behind this is my distorted relationships with my colleagues. I have decided to improve the relationships now. I realky like my smiling face.
I have become too serious in my personal life as well. I love my wife a lot. But when am sharing time with her, my mind is almost always occupied with something or other. I don’t smile so much with her as well. This is a grave serious observation. I will make it a point to handle things with smiling face. Starting this moment itself.
I think a small change in ourselves on daily basis can make us better, happier and more importantly, stronger. What are your views about it?